- Introduction to Databases and Database design
- MS SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014
- What is a relational database?
- Data Modelling and the Data Dictionary
- T-SQL and SQL
- Entity Relationship Modelling
- Data Normalisation in the design process from 1NF to 3NF
- Create/Edit tables using: CREATE, UPDATE and DELETE table statements using MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Querying the database: SELECT statements, JOINs to other tables and filtering with WHERE clause
- Using SQL Aggregate Functions such as AVG(), COUNT() etc.
- Using SQL ORDER BY and GROUP BY functions for data formatting
- Advanced SQL Concepts such as nested queries, correlated queries and UNIONs
- Indexing: Non-clustered, Clustered
- Maintaining referential integrity in the data model
- Introduction to Views and Stored Procedures